cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please critique my email

Occasional Contributor

Please critique my email

Hello this was our first email sent from CC, I would love some positive feedback!

Operation Glam is a online jewelry and accessories boutique.

www.ohsoglam.com

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=qrzjvlfab&v=001xmZOF4pc7pMMuUnBvAcfhE4zB7AJ4DipUc...

Operation Glam
"Uber Chic, Super Affordable"

(414) 541-GLAM
OperationGlam@gmail.com
4 REPLIES 4
Visitor

Re: Please critique my email

I like the colors..... pictures....... it is not too heavy on content which is good!

Craig Sutton

Event Go2Guy

www.suttonentertainment.com

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your time and comment Craig, I greatly appreciate your feedback!

Operation Glam

(414) 541-GLAM
OperationGlam@gmail.com

Your first attempt is wonderful, but it's not Glam and I think perhaps it ought to be.  I am actually very impressed with your restraint.  My first few e-mails looked like comic books!   The CC e-mails should mirror the "brand" you convey on your website.  I'm a big fan of left/right column newsletter templates since the conventional wisdom is that people no longer read straight through anything.  People scan back and forth, catching small pieces of information that may pique their interest.  Think of your e-mails as a moving target:  imagine that it's a video on people's screens complete with a soundtrack that's playing in their heads.  Is it lively as well as informative?  What does it say that a reader can quickly take away and remember?  Did you get them to your website?  Maybe you can include a link to a particulary pretty piece of jewelry.  Even Time and Newsweek switched to pages filled with bordered boxes to catch people's attention!

Good luck!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much EllenJ I will begin to reconstruct the email and incorporate some of your suggestions.

Operation Glam

(414) 541-GLAM
OperationGlam@gmail.com