Occasional Participant
LotusVilla

Please critique our newsletter

Hi,

This is  brilliant idea, please critique ours.  We are a resort in Koh Samui, Thailand and the newsletter is addressed only to all our agents around the world.  Aim is to keep them updated of changes and to use the newsletter as an "information/reference pack".   Newsletter is sent out every 2 months.

The link to our newsletter:

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs076/1102923281506/archive/1104756606426.html

My concerns:

- the righthand column looks the same every newsletter - it's the "information" column.  I am concerned it may be boring - any suggestion to improve and yet keep the info. At the moment, I just change the colour of the column.

- do you think there is too much on the left hand side. I would like to have 4-5 subjects but  I remember attending a tutorial that advised we should keep to max 2 or 3.

Thanks!

Jane

Occasional Visitor
MinskyD

Re: Please critique our newsletter

Hello Lotus,

Beautiful looking properties. Good info in the newsletter, however I'm not sure that readers will read everything that you wrote. At first glance, its quite lengthy. That in it self may deter your audience from reading any further. My suggestion would be to use shorter pragraphs with links back to your site or blog. This way they can read the full article and get the info that you wanted to share.

Best,

Minsky

www.hearsteeldrumsplay.com

Occasional Participant
LotusVilla

Dear Minsky,

I do agree, valid point taken and will improve on this for the next one. Thank you!

Regards

Jane

Occasional Participant
EthelS

I do agree with Minksy on the lengthiness of the copy. As for the right column, I see some redundancy. Some items could be merged and you will have more space and easy on the reader. I would put the last minute deal on the right side and more on top of the newsletter. An exciting offer should be immediately visible. Good luck.

Occasional Participant
LotusVilla

Hi Ethel,

Thank you for your constructive comments, and will work towards your suggestions for the next issue.

Happy Easter!

Jane