cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please critique this email...looking for a new look and new energy...

Highlighted

Please critique this email...looking for a new look and new energy...

Hi Everyone,

My organization and I have been sending out the same okay emails for the past year and I feel like I need a new look, but not sure what.  Can you let me know what you think of this email and give me your take on it?

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs019/1102316596676/archive/1109521949961.html

I'm looking for it to be cleaner, less wordy, more pop, and at the same time still have some fun with it.  Any advice on how to get there would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

7 REPLIES 7
Occasional Contributor

Re: Please critique this email...looking for a new look and new energy...

hello, I am also looking for advice re critique re my newsletter! Can I ask which template you used to be able to add the faded picture into the background? I like it alot!

Bridget

Honored Contributor

HI,

I think this email has plenty of pop! What a great background!

It's short and to the point. I didn't think it was too wordy.

I liked the layout and the placement of images. Good use of social media and video.

I'd love to see some more of your newsletters!

Thanks for sharing,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Jarrod can you tell me which template in constant contact allows you to insert your own background like that?

I would love to be able to do the same for mine?

many thanks

Bridget

Honored Contributor

Hi Bridget,

You can add a background image to your email by selecting a template that supports background images. Here are some tips on how to find one:

Some email templates allow you to customize your email design by inserting background images in titles, articles, columns, etc.

Note: Background images do not display in some email clients. Include a background color as well to allow recipients who cannot view the background images to see the background color instead.

Current Template

To find out if the template you're using allows for background images:

1. Open the template in the Email Wizard.
  2. On the left sidebar, click Global Colors & Fonts.
  3. If you see the term "Background" and the phrase "Click thumbnail to edit image", you can add or change the background image.

New Template

To find a template with background image options:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > Create.  
  2. In the Template Selector on the left, choose your desired Industry, Type, Layout, and Color. The available templates for your chosen categories display as thumbnails on the right side of the screen.
  3. If a thumbnail has a background icon on the bottom left side image icon, click the View Details icon Italic on the bottom right side to see a sample of the template.  The page that appears describes any background image options the template provides.

Notes:

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jarrod, thanks and that all makes sense, however the ones I keep seeing allow you to add a background to the actual body of the newsletter, the example that was posted had an image in the background of the entire newsletter, I have only ever been able to change the colour on this not add an image,

does that make sense?

Occasional Contributor

apologies I have just found the templates that do just what I was looking for1 Thank you for your help

Bridget

Honored Contributor

Hi Bridget,

Happy to help. I think this was our Newsletters - Elegant II template.

Jarrad