cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject Lines

Occasional Contributor

Subject Lines

Hi All,

I've now participated twice in the subject line webinar, and though I've learned a lot I still find it difficult to come up with catchy subject lines that people want to open. 

If any one is interested in joining forces and bouncing subject line ideas off of each other I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Subject Lines

HI Peter, 

Could you share with us a couple of your emails that you've sent recently and put in your message the subject line that you used?  This way we can all critique your subject line as well as your email you sent?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Silly question, but I'm new here. How do I share an email on here?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Hi Peter!

Here is how you can share your email here!

To post to the Critique My Campaign discussion board:

1. Log into the Constant Contact Community.
  2. Click on the User Discussion tab at the top.
  3. Click on the "Critique My Campaign" link.
  4. Click on the New Message button.
  5. Add a subject for your post.
  6. Add your post with one of the two options below.

There are 2 ways you can add your post:

• As an Image
  • As a Link

As an Image

To add your post as an image:

1. Take a screenshot of your email, social campaign, survey, event invitation or event homepage.
  2. Click on the image icon.
  3. Select if you would like to add the image From My Computer, From My Uploaded Images, or From Another Site.
  4. Once the image is uploaded click on the Insert Image button.

As a Link

To add your post as a link:

1. Archive your email, social campaign, survey, event invitation or event homepage.
  2. Click on the link icon.
  3. In the link text section add what text you want to be displayed to viewers.
  4. Add your archive URL address.
  5. Select the target window by using the drop-down menu.
  6. Add a title for the link (will not display to viewers).
  7. Click Insert.
Regular Advisor

Here are a few suggestions Peter: 

1. Something Catchy: A unique phrase like "Bet you can't do this!" gets more results than something like "June Newsletter". It piques their curiosity. 
  2. Sense of Urgency: "Today is the last day for this sale!" would be better than "We're having a sale."
  3. A call to Action: "Open now and save!" tells them what to do and is better than "Save money...". Studies have shown that people act on directives. That is why the last domain we bought was "Buy Gifts" :smileyhappy:
  4. Something that helps them or educates them: Tips and mini articles have always worked for us. 

I don't know what your subject is but here are some more: 

• 10 Awesome Shopping Tips!
  • Free T-shirt Giveaway
  • Last chance to Join!

Here are some that were used that this website found effective: http://magazinesonline.wordpress.com/2008/10/23/10-top-clickable-newsletter-subject-lines/

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Occasional Contributor

BuyGifts,

Thank you for your input, however we are not a store which is what makes it difficult to come up with a good subject lines that people will open. 

Thanks