cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback on my newsletter

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

feedback on my newsletter

Hey guys and gals, I'm getting ready to publish my first newsletter, and I just want to know what you all think. Keep in mind that there is an interview missing in the middle of the featured business section, and that should make both sides of the newsletter equal in length. I really just want some general feedback on my content, presentation, and length. I have included a link to my feedback survey, in case you would prefer to reply through that. 

Thank you so much,

Joshua Daniels

Community Project

Survey Link: Click Here

7 REPLIES 7
Occasional Contributor

Re: feedback on my newsletter

file:///C:/Users/Ratliff%20-%20admin/Desktop/realestate/Community%20Newsletter%20test.htm

Occasional Contributor

Re: feedback on my newsletter

my newsletter

Occasional Contributor

feedback on newsletter

I do not want to add archiving yet because I still want to see how effective I can be with this program before I go to a paid version. Is anyone willing to view my newsletter via a test email to provide me with feedback? 

Let me know, 

Josh

Occasional Contributor
CTCT Employee

Re: please critique my first newsletter!

Thank you for sharing your newsletter. I’m glad you figured out how to get the URL to share it with us.

You’re off to a great start with this newsletter. You’ve got a number of interesting articles and relevant links. You also included a link to your Facebook page and YouTube Channel giving readers the ability to engage more.

I would recommend making sure that your font color has enough contrast to your background color to make it as readable as possible. You have a few blocks where the light yellow does not really stand out against the light blue background. This can be easily fixed on future mailings, by either changing the font color or the background color. Here is an FAQ article on changing the background in a block.

Again, as a whole it’s a great start.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the review! I will make adjustments on the font choice. I am actually color blind so things contrast a whole lot easier for me, so I will have to ask someone like my grandpa to tell me whether it is hard to see. Thanks for the suggestions!

Contributing Solution Provider

Hi Joshua,

Congratulations on diving in.

A few suggestions:

1. Consider limiting your fonts and colors. We usually recommend 2-3 main colors for more readability and flow.

2. Remember that readers typically spend only 52 seconds on an email. Unlike print, you need to think brevity. Perhaps eliminate an article or two and consider more read more links?

3. As a reader, I'm not sure what your "call to action" is. What do you want me to do? What is the purpose of this newsletter?

We have many other suggestions too. If you would like more feedback, please read our reviews here and then schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation. As Constant Contact authorized experts, we love to help out.

Best,

Maureen

maureen@dudleyandnunez.com

Maureen Dudley
Dudley & Nunez Communications
Master Certified Solution Provider