2 Mailing Lists - Separate API forms - Get: "It appears that you are already a subscriber of our mailing list." - Help Please

Highlighted

2 Mailing Lists - Separate API forms - Get: "It appears that you are already a subscriber of our mailing list." - Help Please

Hi all,

- We have 2 mailing lists 

- When people (those who are already on the first one) sign-up for the second one they get "It appears that you are already a subscriber of our mailing list." message.

- Both forms were created using CCSFG 0.0.5

How do we make it so existing users from one mailing list can also sign up for the second one later. Help would be VERY appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

updating a contact

Hello,

Currently the Constant Contact Signup form generator does not allow you to sign up for additional lists if you are already in the account. The current way this works is that it does a POST to the Contacts Collection URI. This will only add a contact that does not exist at all in your account. In order to update that contact, you would need to change this so that the code does a PUT to the URI, which is what is used when updating contacts. More information on how that is accomplished can be found here.

I have also seen customers who are not as familiar with a scripting language add the Join My Mailing list link from their account to the message in the Signup form generator that happens when a contact already exists, allowing them to update their information and add a new list.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted

Would I be able to do this

Found a solution. Thanks to everyone at the dev team!

Highlighted

Re: Would I be able to do this

What was your solution? I am having the exact same problem.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured