The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

(500) Internal Server Error

Highlighted
Developer

(500) Internal Server Error

I'm getting an internal server error from your server when updating contacts (PUT).  POST and GET methods seem to work.  Any idea what's going on?

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.]
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: (500) Internal Server Error

Hello,

the error response looks like it's being interpreted from the API's raw response by your application, and I'll need a bit more error to troubleshoot it. If you check the contact records after the update attempt, have they been updated? I ask to rule out the possibility that this is an error in response handling, rather than a server error.

Can you PM me the username for the account you're accessing updating contacts in? That will help me troubleshoot on my end.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Developer

It seems I was getting the error in response to a particular contact's account, and after manually updating the account I'm not able to reproduce the error.  Not sure what could've happened, but things seem to work now.  I'll let you know if I come accross the error again.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for letting us know you've resolved the issue. Sometimes, if there are invalid characters or combinations of data in certain fields of a contact, our server can throw an error when you attempt to update the contact, If you have the original contact data (before you manually updated), I'd be happy to do some investigating to see if I can identify what may have caused the error.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured