The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

API Calls showing but no contacts in Constant Contact

Highlighted

API Calls showing but no contacts in Constant Contact

Hi,

I intergrated a Landing Page with Constant Contact and tested it loads for the API feed into constant contact, all was fine. Went live with PPC campaign with landing page and initial 5 optins came into constant contact as new contacts without a problem. Next day beyond those 5 no new ones coming in, ran about 8 tests and no new contacts showing. I checked the API report and shows 25 calls overnight and only 5 contacts showing. 

Anyone can help me find out whats happening?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: API Calls showing but no contacts in Constant Contact

Hello,

After doing a bit of a dive into our logs, it looks like the API is returning an error 400 response. Since I'm not able to see the exact API requests, I don't know the precise cause. However, I suspect that it may be related to a change in the contact lists for the account. If the form was linked to a list that no longer exists, then the API call will fail as it's attempting to use a list that is no longer available.

If double-checking the list settings for the form does not resolve the issue, I would advise sending us an email to webservices@constantcontact.com with as much detail as you can, and we should be able to help you find some more information!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted

Re: API Calls showing but no contacts in Constant Contact

Hi Elijah,

No changes have occured to the lists so I will send an email.

Thanks,

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured