API Changes show in IO Docs but not CC

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

API Changes show in IO Docs but not CC

Hello All,

I am having some trouble with data commited from the API not showing up in the CC website.  Here is the process I am using.

1. Implemented the CTCTWrapper for C# into our ERP system
  2. I load a contact in our ERP and save the changes, then sync to the v2 API.
  3. I get a successful callback.
  4. I verify I see the changes in the https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs site.
  5. To verify I load the contact by ID and can confirm that changes took effect from my ERP system
  6. I go into the https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/distui/contacts page and load that same contact and the changes have not taken effect.

Currently I am just trying to get it where the name changes reliably at least.  I'm new to the API and not sure where I am going wrong.  Any assistance that can be provided by someone would be great!  I have attached my code in my ERP that uses the CTCTWrapper.

-- EDIT I could not get it to allow me to upload my code please message me if it would help to see it and I can send it.

Joshua

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: API Changes show in IO Docs but not CC

The issue is actually with our UI cache, not the API (regardless of version).  As with most caching issues, data is being updated through a flow that is not reflecting the stale data in the cache.  The flow that is being used is shared across all versions of our API.  We're hoping to have this fixed in Q1 as it does require a fairly major techinical fix on our side.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for posting in the forums.  Currently there is a delay in the UI reflecting changes made by the API.  This is due to a caching issue with the UI.  There is an open defect to address the problem, but I do not have a timeframe for when the defect will be fixed.  If the changes you made were reflected in our API, then most likely what I described is what you are experiencing.  Unfortunately all I can offer is to add your feedback to the defect waiting to be resolved.

Regards,

Andrew B.

API Support, Constant Contact

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thank you for your quick and concise response. I suspected that may be the issue. I started to rule it out when I saw no changes on one contact, but saw changes 30 min or so later on another.  Is this a problem with the v2 API in particular that I would see benefit moving to v1 and using a C# wrapper for v1?

Highlighted

The issue is actually with our UI cache, not the API (regardless of version).  As with most caching issues, data is being updated through a flow that is not reflecting the stale data in the cache.  The flow that is being used is shared across all versions of our API.  We're hoping to have this fixed in Q1 as it does require a fairly major techinical fix on our side.

Dave Berard

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Excellent, thank you for the clarification. That being said, if the API updates the system as reflected by IO Docs, is that how the data is processed? Example, if I change the email address for user X from A to B the UI will reflect A but the email will go to B.

Thank you,

Joshua

Highlighted

You're completely correct.  The updates are processed and stored in our databases correctly.  The UI data is cached in a local server caching system and the delay you see is the time until the cache pulls updates from the database.  The API is not affected by the UI caching system on retrieved data so it comes out correct immediately.

Dave Berard
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured