Occasional Participant
ShawnaS15

API Issues

We are attempting to install the api script on our website so that when we get a new subscriber, they fill out the form, hit submit and are taken to a thank you page. We keep running into the following error after we installed the script. We're Sorry! It appears that you were not added to our mailing list. This may be due to one or more of the following reasons: You have misspelled your email address You did not choose a list to subscribe to The system may be busy. Please try again later Any ideas what could be giving us the trouble? Here's our config code:
Mark-C
Topics: 3
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 14

Re: API Issues

Hello,

Your code was not posted with your question.  There is a clipboard icon on the toolbar when entering posts with a clipboard image with a C superimposed to facilitate entering code that will prevent it from being altered or stripped. I'm interested in learning what script you are installing, however.  There are many possibilities, some of which may have been developed by third-party developers.  If you can provide a little more information about the source of your script, we should be able to better advise you.

Sincerely,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Occasional Participant
ShawnaS15

[ Edited ]
<?php
class CC_Config { 
var $login = '[removed by moderator]';
var $password = '[removed by moderator]';
var $apikey = "[removed by moderator]"; 
var $contact_lists = array("FlashPoints for Broughton Advisory Group");
var $force_lists = false; 
var $included_fields = array("EmailAddress","FirstName");
var $custom_field_labels = array("Custom Field 1","Custom Field 2","Custom Field 3","Custom Field 4","Custom Field 5","Custom Field 6","Custom Field 7","Custom Field 8","Custom Field 9","Custom Field 10","Custom Field 11","Custom Field 12","Custom Field 13","Custom Field 14","Custom Field 15");
var $show_contact_lists = true;
var $actionBy = "ACTION_BY_CONTACT"; 
var $success_url = "http://broughtonadvisory.com/first-friday-webinar/";
var $failure_url = "";
var $make_dialog = "";
} 
?>

Here is the code. Thanks!!

Mark-C

[ Edited ]

Hello, I recognize that as the config.php file that is used by the Contact Form Generator (CCSFG), and it appears to be set up correctly. However, this file merely sets the values of a set of variables that specify account credentials, which fields are included in the form, and preset values to be submitted with your form data to create contacts.

The CCSFG that you can download from our Github repository includes only the ability to create new contacts in an account.  If a contact email address has already existed in an account, even if it's status has been changed to removed, this function won't work to update list membership. This is for security reasons, as explained here. If you would like an updated version of the CCSFG which will allow both create and udpate contact data, we ask that you email us to let us know you fully understand and except the risks, first.

Other things to check are whether the list name is correct, and wasn't changed in your account since the form was set up.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Occasional Participant
ShawnaS15

We have emailed, we understand the risks, but are not getting a response.

Mark-C

Hello,

I recieve all of those email requests, but I have been out of the office since last Thursday.  I did respond minutes ago to a request that had come in in my absence for the updating version of the CCSFG, so if you haven't still don't have a response, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer