The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

API Key Disabled

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

API Key Disabled

Hi,

I have been adding many contacts to a list today (around 10,000) both manually and through a PHP script. I suddenly I got this error message:

the provided API [API Key] key is either disable or inavailalble

Did I reach a maximum threshold of how many contacts you can add to a list in one day?  Or is there another reason my key has been disabled.  I am doing this through another account which I could provide to you privately if you need to look it up.  I have over 23,000 contacts to add.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: API Key Disabled

Hey Josh,

Usually when uploading that number of contacts into your account, we suggest using the bulk load API requests, as it causes a little less strain on our system. Our NOC team may have seen this as an extra load on our system. If you email us at webservices@constantcontact.com with your API key, we can see what happened and get you re-enabled in no time. Sorry for the trouble!

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured