API Rate Limit - php cURL calls

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

API Rate Limit - php cURL calls

I set up a form in my website that integrates with Constant Contact through the Mashery API. 

The form is seldom used (no more than 10 or 20 times a day). It is clearly way below the limit of 4/sec - 10,000/day. 

Yet, I've been getting the error "mashery.not.authorized.over.ratelimit" / "The Mashery account associated with this request is over its rate limit quota."

The call is made to :https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/contacts?action_by=ACTION_BY_OWNER&api_key=XXXXXX

Each form submission generates a log, so I can say how many calls were attempted each day:

Nov 14 - 5 calls (4 were successful - one failed for other reasons)

Nov 15 - 3 calls (all failed)

Nov 16 - 2 calls (1 failed)

Nov 17 - 1 call (failed)

Nov 18 - 2 calls (2 failed for other reasons - person's email address already in database)

Nov 20 - 3 calls (3 failed)

Is it possible that each cURL call is understood by Mashery as multiple calls?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: API Rate Limit - php cURL calls

Hello @KevinM8848,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Making a call using cURL should not be registering as multiple calls. If you could email webservices@constantcontact.com and provide your API Key and the Constant Contact username you are submitting the calls to I would like to do some more digging in to this and find out why you are getting those errors.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured