API V3 timeout issue

SilviaG20
Marketing Expert

Hi there,

I met 3 issues when I used Constant Contact's V3 APIs. Can anyone help me with it?

1. How to resolve the frequently timeout problem, as shown in the picture below?(error_key: server_temporarily_timeout)

timeout issue.jpg

2. How to send request with JavaScript? I got the result id '{}' when I tried. Could you please give me a JavaScript demo?

3. Where can I find the List_id in V3? Any suggestions?

Waiting for your reply! 

Sincerely,
Sara Cai
6 REPLIES 6
HeidiS146
Constant Contact Partner

We are also experiencing this issue with the timeout. Our clients are not happy

Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SilviaG20,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

We are currently experiencing a server issue that is causing the frequent timeouts. We are working diligently to find the cause and implement a fix for this.

For security reasons our API does not support javascript.

For your listID you can use the below endpoint; of course we are experiencing the timeouts which will cause problems right now.

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Contact_Lists/getLists

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
SilviaG20
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I'd like to know how long it would take to fix the timeout issue. Could you please inform me if you fixed the issue? 

Thank you in advance!

JohnD16884
Campaign Collaborator

I too can confirm that for the last few days, the api has been returning the following response status code:

GatewayTimeout

Please escalate this issue. This is a big deal to your customers that only use the api for maintaining large numbers of contacts.  

David_B.
Employee
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we work through this. I have asked that our status page to be updated to continue to reflect this current system issue. We are still investigating the root cause. While I can't provide an ETA on a fix, I can say that we are taking this issue seriously and that this is currently our top priority.

Sincerely,

David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

IntegrationT4
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

We have also been getting these messages the last 5 days or so.  This API is heavily used by our customers and is critical to their day to day processes.  When can we expect this to be fixed? Is V3 completely broken? 

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.