The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

API and Autoresponder not working

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

API and Autoresponder not working

We have programmed a customer web page to add new paying customers to a list via the API and ACTION_BY_CUSTOMER.  New contacts are being added to the list properly but the autoresponder emails are NOT being sent.   Are the autoresponder emails not sent out immediately after the conact ha been added? Is there som delay?   It's been over 24 hours and not emails send.  Is there a issue on your side?   This seems like very basic funcationality that shoudl work and that most of us need... thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

autoresponder

Hello,

As long as you are adding a contact to an active autoresponder list, that has an active autoresponder email which is set to go out after 1 day, it should work whether you do ACTION_BY_CUSTOMER or ACTION_BY_CONTACT. It usually takes approximately one day to go out, but it may take a little over 24 hours. If it still has not gone out after the first full day, please let me know your username and I can take a look at your account. If you want to, you can email your username to the Webservices Support team.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Autoresponder - not available on day 1?

So what you're saying is that the autoresponder is not available until day 1. 24 hours after someone subscribes to a list?  Right now no welcome email is being sent out with the API adds and waiting for 24 hours for someone who just subscribed to receive information is not acceptable nor good business in my opinion.  Is this a feature or limitation that is being enhanced?

Highlighted
Employee

autoresponder vs welcome email

Hello,

Welcome Email - This email is sent out immediately upon signing up for NEW subscribers as soon as they join your list. This can be activated through the API using single contact add with ACTION_BY_CONTACT (check here for more information).

AutoResponder Series - This series of emails is sent out at day intervals after a contact signs up and is added to a specific list(s). The earliest they will receive one is on Day 1 post signup and you can schedule up to 10 emails to send out in the series for any number of days after that. This is intended to be used as a onboarding or nurturing tool and can compliment the welcome letter well.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured