We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

API docs 404

JamesB95162
Regular Participant

API docs 404

It seems you have changed the location of your API docs and not redirected the old links, so all my links to your API docs (drupal module, wordpress plugin, my website) have now broken.

Piss poor in my opinion, you now have thousands of broken links, since the drupal module and wordpress plugin all link to your API docs.

I hope you fix this.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesB95162
Regular Participant

Hmm be nice if I could change the category on this, seems it's gone it the wrong location!

I've moved this to the API support board. I hope this is where you'd like this.

Rosalind Morville

Hey James,

We did update our developer website and documentation a little over a year ago and announced it through a few channels, including our Developer Newsletter, to let our developer community know.  Sorry that we didn't connect on the changes.  All of the pages should redirect to http://developer.constantcontact.com if they weren't explicitly mapped to a specific redirect.  Nothing should end up in a "404 Page Not Found" error.  Any examples of links that are doing that that we can look into?

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
JamesB95162
Regular Participant

Thanks, sorry I never actually checked the link before it was just what a user said.

But looking at it they do infact work.

I try to make a point of reading the developer newsletter emails but must have missed this :(

No worries, just wanted to make sure that we didn't miss something.  We did try to make sure the transition in our documentation pages, which we knew couldn't be perfect, was as best it could be.  If we did miss something and it was returning a 404 not found, we definitely want to know what that is so we can fix it ASAP.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
JamesB95162
Regular Participant

Sure no probs.

Some user on drupal.org logged a bug report saying the link on the project homepage to the API docs was dead, it's obviously not though, I've updated the ticket so will let you know if they reply with any further details.

Thanks

James

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page