The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Account / API Key question

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Account / API Key question

I currently have a Constant Contact account and I created a Mashery account.  Through the mashery portion I was able to obtain my API Key and Access Token.

What I want to do is create multiple applications that incorporate the API and have separate API Keys / Access Tokens for each but run it all through the 1 Constant Contact account.

What seems to be happening now is that both applications are storing the data in 1 spot even though they have different API Keys and Access Tokens?

Could you please provide me with some possible solutions.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Account / API Key question

Hello,

When you are working with the Constant Contact API, it is worth noting that any API key/Access Token combinations will be sharing the same data in Constant Contact as long as they all refer to the same Constant Contact username. If you need each application with a unique key to have unique data in Constant Contact, you would need to ensure that each one accesses a unique account or uses unique data fields.

If you are able to provide a bit more info on what you're trying to accomplish, I would be happy to provide what assistance I can!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured