The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Add bulk contacts using API to a List

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Add bulk contacts using API to a List

Is it possible to add bulk contacts to a particular list using the API. Currently I am able to add a single contact through API.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Add bulk contacts using API to a List

Hey Nikhil,

You can do this by doing a bulk activity.  You can do this by reading the documentation here.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thanks Ryan, BTW let me know if any PHP wrapper is available for this functionality ?

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

I just updated the php wrapper that we have on the site with our new wrapper.  There is a method to do bulkAddContacts. You can find the wrapper in our code samples.    

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Ok thanks a ton. This should resolve my problems.

Highlighted
Visitor

sir, Is it Possible to try addbulkContact from local host.?

As I am doing some R&D from my PC, and I am not getting idea what should be set to "$returnURL" and "$verificationURL".? Also help me what does it means to "$postString" argument in  bulkAddContacts($postString).

what content should beset? I am very new to this API. Please help me.

Thanks

Highlighted

Your $verificationURL should match the callback URI set when you created your API key. If you're working with a localhost, you can use the localhost URL as your callback, and it will operate correctly.

The $postString should be set to the full string that needs to be sent, as outlined in this documentation, for the activity. The function will automatically create the API call for you, but it does not have a utility to build the string.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks Nick.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured