The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Add contacts from Mobile Banner

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Add contacts from Mobile Banner

Hey there,

I'm running some mobile ads whereby the user has to enter their email address.

Once they do this, I want this email address to be sent to constant contact who will then send out my email to that specific email address.

Is this possible? The issue I'm having is that in the Ad Tool (Celtra) it only gives me the option of sending that specific email address to a custom URL.

THanks
Andrew 

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Add contacts from Mobile Banner

Please note, that the mobile banner ad is a static unit, so I don't have html functionality behind it.

The way the serving platform works is it gives me an email field and then allows me to submit that info to a custom url.

Highlighted

Hey Andrew,

The best option for you would probably be to set up a call to our API on your website, then use the custom URL they want you to fill in to navigate to your site. You can then grab the information on your end, and send it through to our system. We don't allow direct POSTing to our site, due to the security risks.

You'll definitely want to be cautious, though, when dealing with this type of integration. We do have a welcome email that will automatically be sent out when a contact is created in the account as ACTION_BY_CONTACT, but our scheduling system is more built to accomidate newsletter (one-to-many) sending, and less of transactional emails. As long as the user is aware they are signing up for emails, and you have the appropriate information in the welcome email, you should be alright.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

THanks for the reply,

I am able to use 3 lines of javascript within the ad creator.

Is there something I can do with the javascript as a work around?

Cheers

Andrew

Highlighted

Hey Andrew,

Unfortunately, Javascript alone wouldn't be able to communicate with our API. You can definitely utilize the Javascript into your own web app, but it would need a proper authentication connection to pass the information, which would need a server-side language such as PHP, ASP, or others.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Nick,

So my developers wrote some code whereby the Mobile ad sends the email address to our server which should be pinginn your API and sending out the email. We created a custom list in our account, however names are not being added to the list...Can I post the URL Here to show you?

Highlighted

You can definitely post the code that your developers have written up, but depending on the content, you may not want to post it in a public forum. Feel free to post it here if you feel it's okay, or you can email the files to webservices@constantcontact.com, and we can take a look for you.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

THanks Nick,

Just emailed them to you 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Success!

Hey Nick, my mobile ads are now loading directly into my list which is great (Turns out we had to tweak the PHP file slightly). THe only thing now is that it's not automatically firing out the email once to the new contact, once they are being added.

Any thoughts here?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Well not quite Success,

THe list is now being populated with my names. However, I've now been told that in order to automatically email the user as they enter the list, I have to use autoresponder, which I can't because I've got a custom coded email.

Arhhhh....surely there is a way around this.

THanks

andrew

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured