The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Add existing contact to another email list

Highlighted
Developer

Add existing contact to another email list

I am using the ColdFusion version of the sample code. Adding a new contact is working fine, but while I try to add a existing contact to another list, I don't get any error message, it always say"Contact XXXXXXXX Added", but it is actually not added to the new email list. How can I change the code and update the list selection of this existing contact?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Add existing contact to another email list

Hey,

In order for me to troubleshoot the issue you will need to supply the code that you are using.  I would remove any credentials inside however.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Developer

I just download the CF zip code from http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Documentation/Code-Samples/ba-p/25019, and install on my CF server, the only thing I change is the application file to plug in my constant contact username, password and API code. the Problem is only can added new contact, but if the contact is already in one of list, it cannot be added to a new list, and it always say"new contact added" instead of "contact already existing".

Highlighted
Employee

I will get a test environment set up and check this out for you.  I apologize that the samples are not working for you.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

I just set up Coldfusion 9 on my sandbox environment and tested a fresh download of our sample forms against my account.  I was able to create a new contact, change their lists as well as other information multiple times with no issues.  I believe that there may be something misconfigured on your server. 

What version of CF are you running?

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Developer

I have CF 8 on my local PC and production server, the local PC is working but cannot add existing contact to a new list. Same code is not working on production Server, always give me this error message:

An error occured while Parsing an XML document.
Content is not allowed in prolog.

10 :     <cfset LOCAL.xmlContent = XmlParse(doServerCall("get", "#APPLICATION.apiPath#/lists"))>

Highlighted
Employee

I will try to install Coldfusion 8 on my local machine and see if I can replicate.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Developer

forgot one thing, the local PC is working for me. I am using CF 8 developer version as a standalone web server. the production is not working I am using CF8 enterprise with IIS.

Highlighted
Developer

anything to do with SSL certificate?

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

I have tested in CF8 and CF9 in both Windows Server 2003 and Windows Xp environments.  They both worked with out any modification.  My CF are developer editions as I do not have access to enterprise edition.  As far as the SSL, I am going to try with to work with an outside host but I will not know how things are set up.  I know the problem is somewhere on your side but I am unsure where.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured