I am using the ColdFusion version of the sample code. Adding a new contact is working fine, but while I try to add a existing contact to another list, I don't get any error message, it always say"Contact XXXXXXXX Added", but it is actually not added to the new email list. How can I change the code and update the list selection of this existing contact?
I just download the CF zip code from http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Documentation/Code-Samples/ba-p/25019, and install on my CF server, the only thing I change is the application file to plug in my constant contact username, password and API code. the Problem is only can added new contact, but if the contact is already in one of list, it cannot be added to a new list, and it always say"new contact added" instead of "contact already existing".
I just set up Coldfusion 9 on my sandbox environment and tested a fresh download of our sample forms against my account. I was able to create a new contact, change their lists as well as other information multiple times with no issues. I believe that there may be something misconfigured on your server.
What version of CF are you running?
I have CF 8 on my local PC and production server, the local PC is working but cannot add existing contact to a new list. Same code is not working on production Server, always give me this error message:
An error occured while Parsing an XML document.
Content is not allowed in prolog.
10 : <cfset LOCAL.xmlContent = XmlParse(doServerCall("get", "#APPLICATION.apiPath#/lists"))>
forgot one thing, the local PC is working for me. I am using CF 8 developer version as a standalone web server. the production is not working I am using CF8 enterprise with IIS.
I have tested in CF8 and CF9 in both Windows Server 2003 and Windows Xp environments. They both worked with out any modification. My CF are developer editions as I do not have access to enterprise edition. As far as the SSL, I am going to try with to work with an outside host but I will not know how things are set up. I know the problem is somewhere on your side but I am unsure where.
I have tried on a shared hosting server as well and was not able to replicate your issue. I do not have an SSL on any of my environments, howerver I am unaware of how that would effect only our sample forms.
This post has been removed or reported as abuse by another community member.
I installed the CF 9 developer free version on my laptop with IIS, and the sample code is working fine totally. The CF 8 is still no luck for me. I don't know what is the reason. The problem is my production server is still running CF 8.