cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Add hidden input to existing for that creates a new contact

Occasional Contributor

Add hidden input to existing for that creates a new contact

Hello,

I have a 'sample request' form that created a contact in a CRM then sends out an transactional 'thank you' type email. I want to keep the form and CRM account creation but send email addresses to constant contact to create a new contact and send out an autoresponder. 

Is there an api key i need or maybe some sort of hidden input values i can add that point to CC contact creation that triggers my autoresponder?

Thanks,

Matt

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Add hidden input to existing for that creates a new contact

Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Support.

You could develop an integration that would connect to your account using our API, but if you are only adding contacts you could use our POST URL that our signup forms use which doesn't require fully integrating with our API. As long as the contact is being added to the list that your autoresponder is associated with, and is new to the list, it should trigger. For details on how to create a custom POST URL, see our tech blog post on it here: http://techblog.constantcontact.com/api/release-updates/announcing-a-new-signup-form-post-url/

Please have a look and let me know if you have any other questions!

Sincerely,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I already have a form action, i was hoping to make this a hidden post. would something like this work?

<input type="hidden" method="post" formaction="https://visitor2.constantcontact.com/api/signup?ca=####-###-###-###-####&email=email:input&list=####...">

Matt

Hi @annshall,

Yes that post will work just fine.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

do you know how long it usually takes to populate the list after submission? also, does this method require any script besides this particular input post?

I've submitted a few to no avail.

Hi @annshall,

Just to double check and make sure I'm understanding exactly what you are trying to do. Are you creating a type of sign-up form that submits data to both your CRM and Constant Contact with the click of a single button? Or are you looking to integrate your CRM to submit data that is already in your CRM to Constant Contact?

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Occasional Contributor

Creating a type of sign-up form that submits data to both our CRM and Constant Contact with the click of a single button.

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

HTML forms don't have the ability to POST to two places at the same time. A couple of options to complete this would be:

1. Build an integration with your CRM tool that sends the data to Constant Contact after a new contact is added, or
  2. Build a custom function using Javascript/JQuery or PHP that takes the form data and then POSTs it to both endpoints

The second option would probably the easier of the two to implement depending on the way you want to accomplish this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
David B.