cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add opt in check box to wordpress contact form

Occasional Contributor

Add opt in check box to wordpress contact form

Hi, I have a contact form on my wordpress site and I would like to add an opt in box so that the user can choose to be added to the newsletter subscription if they wish when they send the contact form.

<input name="emailUpdates" type="checkbox" value="Yes" /> 
<label>Register for exclusive offers and promotions?</label>

I am having problems finding info on how to integrate this.

Here is my code. It's a basic wp_mail form.

<?php
$validation_message = "";

if( isset($_POST['submit']) ){

$passes = true;
$validation_template = "<div class='alert %s'><i class='fa %s'></i> %s</div>";

// Verify nonce before proceeding
if( !isset( $_POST['sc_contact_form_nonce'] ) || !wp_verify_nonce( $_POST['sc_contact_form_nonce'], basename( __FILE__ ) ) ){
$validation_message = sprintf($validation_template, 'alert-error', 'fa-times-circle', 'Sorry Something went wrong, please try again.');
$passes = false;
}

if( !$_POST['form_fname'] || !$_POST['form_lname'] || !$_POST['form_email'] || !$_POST['form_message'] ){
$validation_message = sprintf($validation_template, 'alert-error', 'fa-times-circle', 'Please fill in all fields.');
$passes = false;
} elseif( !preg_match('/(^.*@.*$)/', $_POST['form_email']) ){
$validation_message = sprintf($validation_template, 'alert-error', 'fa-times-circle', 'Please provide a valid email address.');
$passes = false;
}

if( $passes ) {
//Build Message

$message = 'First Name: '.$_POST['form_fname']."\n";
$message .= 'Last Name: '.$_POST['form_lname']."\n";
$message .= 'Email: '.$_POST['form_email']."\n";
$message .= 'Development of interest: '.$_POST['form_devname']."\n";
$message .= "Message:\n" .$_POST['form_message'];

$validation_message = sprintf($validation_template, 'alert-success', 'fa-check-circle', 'Thank you for your enquiry. We will be in touch as soon as possible.');

//add_filter( 'wp_mail_content_type', 'set_html_content_type' );
$headers = 'From: '.$_POST['form_fname'].' '.$_POST['form_lname'].' <'.$_POST['form_email'].'>' . "\r\n";
wp_mail( "me@myco.co.uk", "Website Enquiry", $message, $headers, $attachments );

}

} else {
$passes = false;
}
?>

<div class="col-sm-12 row">

<div id="enquiry"></div>

<form id="contact-form" action="#enquiry" class="row" method="POST" <?php echo $passes ? 'style="display:none;"' : '' ; ?>>

<?php wp_nonce_field( basename( __FILE__ ), 'sc_contact_form_nonce' ); ?>

<div class="form-group col-sm-6">
    <input id="contact_fname" class="form-control" type="text" name="form_fname" required placeholder="First Name" value="<?php echo isset($_POST['form_fname']) ? $_POST['form_fname'] : '' ; ?>" />
    </div>

<div class="form-group col-sm-6">
    <input id="contact_lname" class="form-control" type="text" name="form_lname" required placeholder="Last Name" value="<?php echo isset($_POST['form_lname']) ? $_POST['form_lname'] : '' ; ?>" />
    </div>

<div class="form-group col-sm-12">
    <input id="contact_email" class="form-control" type="text" name="form_email" placeholder="Your Email Address" value="<?php echo isset($_POST['form_email']) ? $_POST['form_email'] : '' ; ?>" />
    </div>
    <input id="contact_devname" class="form-control col-sm-12" type="hidden" name="form_devname" placeholder="" value="<?php single_post_title();?>" />
        <textarea id="contact_message" class="form-control" name="form_message" placeholder="Your Enquiry" rows="8"><?php echo isset($_POST['form_message']) ? $_POST['form_message'] : '' ; ?></textarea>
    </div>

<input name="emailUpdates" type="checkbox" value="Yes" /> 
    <label>Register for exclusive offers and promotions?</label>
    </div>

<div class="col-sm-12">
    <button class="btn" name="submit">Send Enquiry</button>
    </div>
    </form>
</div>
3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Add opt in check box to wordpress contact form

Hello,

It is absolutely possible to do this by adding some code to your PHP that will send the contact to your Constant Contact account by using our embeddable signup form system.

To get up and running with this, you'll need to start by creating a form in your account and getting the embed code. When you create the form, be sure to choose the list you wish to place your contacts on. Once you've got the embed code, you'll want to find your CA ID. You can find information about all of this here:

Creating your form: http://support2.constantcontact.com/articles/SupportFAQ/5367

Get your Embed code and find the CA ID: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/signup-forms-tools/signup-form-code.html

Next, you'll want to find the List ID in the embed code. You can find it by looking for this code:

<input data-id="list:input" type="hidden" name="list" value="LISTID">

Once you have both the CA and List ID, you can use this sample PHP code to add contacts to your account:

<?php

$url = "https://visitor2.constantcontact.com/api/signup";
$ca = "YOUR_CA_HERE";
$email = "email@example.com";
$first_name = "First Name";
$last_name = "Last Name";
$lists[] = "LIST_ID_1";
$lists[] = "LIST_ID_2";
$lists[] = "LIST_ID_3";

$post_vars = "ca=" . $ca . "&email=" . $email . "&first_name=" . $first_name . "&last_name=" . $last_name;
foreach ($lists as $list) {
	$post_vars .= "&list=".$list;
}
$ch = curl_init( $url );
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $post_vars);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$response = curl_exec( $ch );
$http_code = curl_getinfo($ch, CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE);
curl_close($ch);
$success = $http_code == 200 ? true : false;

?>

Once you've got this code successfully creating contacts in your Constant Contact account, it should be pretty straightforward to adapt it into your form. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Regular Visitor

This is crazy. We way a lot of money for Constant Contact. Why can't you all add a check box option to the forms? It would be very helpful to many, i'm sure.

Highlighted

Hi @MeredithP9,

This post is from 2016 and is related to a customer that created their own form for WordPress. Did you create your own form or are you using the Constant Contact form created by Constant Contact?

If you are using the plugin that can be installed from https://wordpress.org/plugins/constant-contact-forms/ then I highly suggest you make a post on the forums under the support section on that page. The developer for that plugin monitors those forums for suggestions and feedback there. I will also be happy to send along your feedback, but those forums get the information to the developer directly.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!