cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Adding Contacts thru my existing Mobile App.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Adding Contacts thru my existing Mobile App.

I have an exiting Mobile App for Android and iPhone, I want to add a function where users can sign up for my Constant Contacts and supply their zip codes.  Is this possible and if so how?  

Also, is there a way for current unsubscribers to resubscribe this was also?

I want to know is there a way for this function to work besides those new subscribers being send to an seperate file then added manually. This way i can't readd unsubscribers myself becuase it needs to be done by themselves.

I have developers that can deal with technical stuff, i just need to knwo if it is possible and how?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Adding Contacts thru my existing Mobile App.

It is possible through our API to add new Contacts to a list as well as resubscribe unsubscribed contacts.  Our documentation on how to do this is found here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html.  Since we offer a REST API, this can be done from any language that has the ability to make HTTPS requests including both iOS and Java.  We even offer wrapper libraries for both platforms on our Github page.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Dave,

I was given this infomation about what you suggested. 

Can you verify that If an app reaches the daily limit, you will receive an email notifying you that the app cannot make API calls until 12:00 am, the start of the next day. API usage limits are available in your Mashery account.

5000 calls a day.  This means that only 5000 people can use the app in one day.  Total.  Either signing up or verifying that they are signed up.  This would really limit the usability of the app.  Especially if you want this service to grow.

The API that I found  is really made to be used by the constant contacts admin.  Not the users that are signing up.  

We can definitely up the limit of the API calls if you have a use case that needs more volume.  Those are just the default values.  Any chance you can PM me more information about what your app is doing?  Usually a mobile integration only signs up or updates a user requesting the update so the volumes are fairly low.  Sounds like you have something different in mind. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

How do i PM someone on here?

Occasional Participant

I am in the process with the information thus far you helped with gettign our app developer to incorporate what you suggested. I will bein touch or have him if we run into any issueor have a question.  Thank you!