cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Adding new contacts to specific lists

Adding new contacts to specific lists

Hello, I'm not a developer but I am trying to create a "scope" document for our web developers. Our current website has a sign up form for our newsletter. Upon submission of the form a contact is created in Constant Contacts and is assigned to a specific default Email List. Is it possible to specify what list a contact is assigned to through the API?

The web scope is adding geolocation awareness to our site and we want new contacts to be added to the right list(i.e. US people to US mailing lists and Canadians to Canadian ones). Is this easily done? I understand we'll essentially need 2 forms but can the Email list name be passed through to Constant Contacts via API? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Adding new contacts to specific lists

Hi @MasonF5,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Our API can be used in this manner. You can create a sign-up form that collects the data and then submits it to Constant Contact through the API. Your form can use just a single list or if you want you can code it to use as many as lists as you want.

Our main API documentation is located below. Feel free to send this along to your developers. http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/developer-guides/overview-of-api-endpoints.html

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer