cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addresses: inconsistency between the API and the dashboard

Occasional Advisor

Addresses: inconsistency between the API and the dashboard

Hello

If a contact has 3 addresses that were created using the online dashboard, and if this contact gets updated using the Constant Contact API, the following error message is thrown away: 

json.max.items.violation

#/addresses: 3 items were contained, but the maximum number of items allowed is 2.

How can I manage to update the contact then?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Addresses: inconsistency between the API and the dashboard

Hello,

I have been investigating this issue, and what you have run into is an issue caused by changes in the allowed data for a contact with our new contact management system. As our transition from our old solution to our new solution for managing contact information is just finalizing, we are still working on making changes to the API to facilitate some of the changes.

One of these changes is that a contact is now allowed to have more than two physical addresses, while the API is still only set up to accommodate up to two addresses. We will be looking into this issue to resolve it but I do not have a specific timeline for when it will be done. In the immediate term, the only work-around for this issue is to have no more than two addresses associated with a single contact. This can be done by manually editing the contact with three addresses in the UI and deleting one of them.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Addresses: inconsistency between the API and the dashboard

Hello,

I wanted to follow up on this to let you know that this issue was resolved by our engineering team. I am actually running behind on this update, as this issue was corrected at the end of October and things should be working normally for updating contacts.

If you are continuing to see any issues, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer