The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Anybody using the .Net Library?

Highlighted
Participant

Anybody using the .Net Library?

Hi..

Anybody out there using the .Net Library?

Looking for some samples... I can't seem to the code to work.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Anybody using the .Net Library?

Was there any particular action that you were looking to perform using the .NET Library that was not working? If you could let me know what operation you are looking to perform, I'd be happy to look into this and see if I can provide a sample for you.

David J

Highlighted
Participant

Hi.. Yes... My authentication

Hi..

Yes...

My authentication works but I keep getting 500 errors.

What is wrong with the following. Do you have any .Net library samples?    thanks in advance

AuthenticationData authdata = new AuthenticationData();authdata.Username = "USER";

authdata.Password = "PASS";

authdata.ApiKey = "KEY";

ContactList c = new ContactList("TEST",true);

c.SortOrder = 999;

c.Id = "9";

string uri = " https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/"+ USER+ /activities";      <-- IS THIS CORRECT?

StringBuilder sb =

ConstantContactUtility.Components.ContactListComponent.CreateNewContactList(c);

Utility.httpPost(authdata,uri, sb.ToString());

Highlighted
Employee

It appears that there is an

It appears that there is an error in our .NET Library that was to blame for this issue, as it was generating invalid XML. This has been corrected and is available for download as v0.04 on our SourceForge Account.

If you're looking to create a new list, I believe that the code below will accomplish that for you. For most actions through the C#.NET Library, you're going to want to go through the Utility class.

AuthenticationData authdata = new AuthenticationData("APIKEY", "USERNAME", "PASSWORD");

Utility.addList("Test", true, authdata);

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured