The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Associating Mailing Lists and Subscribe To Button with Specific Emails

Highlighted

Associating Mailing Lists and Subscribe To Button with Specific Emails

I have a number of newsletters I send out to different mailing lists each month, and what I would like to do is associate a specific mailing list with a specific email so that when recipients click the "subscribe to" button, they automatically get added to the mailing list used to send out that email.  As it is now, whenever users click the subscribe to button, they are subscribed to the default email list for the newsletter I send out most frequently.  Tech support said there was no way to do this.  Can you please offer ideas, or even better, please add this feature?

Thanks!

Scott Niskach

www.es.com

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

building multiple sign up forms

Hello,

Using our default Join My Mailing List form, there is no way to do this. However, it is definitely possible to do this using our API's! What you would need to do is create a separate sign up box for each list. You can do this either by using our API's to create a custom one yourself, or you can use our Constant Contact Sign Up Form Generator, that utilizes PHP to create a custom sign up box for you. You can find the Sign Up Form Generator here.

If you would like to create it yourself, you will need to be able to use a web scripting language such as PHP or ASP.net. We have a few sample forms that are available here, and you can also get the documentation here. If you have any questions about any of this you can always ask us on the forums as well, and we should be able to assist you with this.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured