The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

AutoResponders - way to cause immediate send out

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: AutoResponders - way to cause immediate send out

Hi there, 

Has there been any progress on the ability to send out an autoresponse immediatley after a contact is added to a specific list? Looks like I'm not the only one that has had this issue, but the issue was raised nearly 2 years ago... Has there been any changes made? 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

We have recently made some major updates to our Autoresponder functionality to allow multiple series of messages to be sent. While we are looking into updating the system further to allow messages to be sent out before the current minimum of one day, we do not yet have any specific timelines for when this can be expected.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted

I'm so surprised you guys don't offer an autoresponder that triggers automatically when someone is added to a specific list.

I'll definately be looking at other providers - we've used you guys for over 5 years, but this is a huge limitation - especially with the increase in online downloads and needing login credentials for some of our online offerings.

Highlighted

No one wants to wait 24 hrs to receive a free download or login details for online training :-(

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can definitely understand the difficulty that this causes for you, and appreciate the feedback. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the product management team responsible for the Autoresponer functionality.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted

Any update on this? I need to send a welcome email when someone is added to a specific list, but waiting 24 hours for them to receive it seems crazy! Any way to do this?

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

Good news; we have been working on autoresponder functionality. If you have a newer-type account (created within the last couple of months), you already have the ability to create autoresponder emails that are sent out immediately.

If you have an older Constant Contact account, we are working on getting you this ability. I'm told it will be approximately 3 months before all users have this capability. Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience while we get you this.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Highlighted

That is good news, but I can’t see how to do it anywhere.

I only signed up a few weeks ago. Can you tell me how to do it?

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

It looks like you have an older type account, even though your account is fairly new. We rolled this out to increasing percentages of new users over the last few months, so it isn't surprising that this happened.

I may be able to switch you to the newer type account; if you'd like that, please email webservices@constantcontact.com with your username and let us know that you'd like to be flipped to the newer type of account. The only repercussions would be that you would lose email archive, if you're using it. Older users might lose old email campaigns, but since you have less than a month's worth of emails, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Highlighted

Hi,

Has there been progress on rolling this out to the older style accounts? Would we still have to change our account status and lose our email archive? It seems like a drastic step, as we have a lot of archived campaigns and corresponding response data.

Thank you!

-James

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured