The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

AutoResponders - way to cause immediate send out

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: AutoResponders - way to cause immediate send out

Hi James,

I've been doing some checking around on our side and it looks like we do have plans to enable this functionality for our users who are still using the older style of account. I don't currently have specific dates, but I can confirm that we do plan to roll out these new features to all of our users in the near future. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted

Hi Elijah,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have an approximate range of dates when this feature might be available to all accounts? We are planning to integrate an autoresponder campaign with our membership form within the next month or so, and were hoping to be able to test and implement a same day autoresponder by then.

If the feature likely wouldn;t be available that soon, would having our account upgraded to the newer type still be an option? What kind of backup would we need to do, if our email archive is going to be wiped out? Would we need to recreate all of our custom email templates, or would there be a place to save these where they would not be affected by the change?

Thanks,

James

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi James,

I checked in with our product team to be sure and it looks like your account falls into a category that is expected to gain access to the new Autoresponder feature within the next two weeks, and possibly as soon as the end of this week. If there is a change to that plan, I will be sure to reach out and let you know.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

So any word on this function? I just set up an autoresponder today and the earliest I was able to schedule my autoresponder was 1 day later.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

We do not have a timeline right now for when these newer automation features will be available for customers that are still using the standalone product suite. Currently the fastest way to gain access to the new Automation and Autoresponder features would be to chat with our general support team about having your account converted over to our new Toolkit product interface. You can find all of the best ways to contact us here: http://www.constantcontact.com/resource-center

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How would I know if I have an "older style" of account  (you mentioned this in your message) 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The best way to know is by the appearance of the home-page after logging in to the account. If you're using our new Toolkit experience, you should see something similar to this (without the trial end message):

ToolKit-TrialEnd

If you do not have an account using our new Toolkit and you are interested in switching, the best way to start is to contact our support team.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this yet? Also, I want to be able to use the template from autoresponder for general emails, but have been unsuccessful in doing so thus far.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured