cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated list upload and mail send?

Occasional Visitor

Automated list upload and mail send?

Hi all,

I have a question about the feasibility of using Constant Contact and their API as a solution for my needs.

I have a database of names and email addresses on my own network that is updated on an ongoing basis by other people. What I would like to do is schedule a mail and have it go out to the very latest version of my database.

I know that Constant Contact allows me to schedule the time for a mailing. However, I don't know how I would  sync my mailing list. I'm thinking I would set a local schedule to export from my database my list as a csv a little time prior to the mail going out. So the question is how could I set this file to automatically upload to my Constant Contact account into  the list that is assigned for the mail at a predefined time.

Is this possible? If so, can you suggest any specifics or point to any documentation that explains this?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Automated list upload and mail send?

Hey Warren,

Once you get a CSV with your contacts you can use our bulk load activity to achieve what you are looking to do.  You can read more about this here.  Also you have to make sure that the csv file is not greater than 20,000 contacts as thats the limit for our system.  So if you have more than 20,000 you would have to segmet the file and upload them with seperate activities.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ryan,

I am a novice to Constant Contact.

I have the same situation as warrens76.

For Every 15 minutes I have to send email to the customers based on their activity.
I can generate the csv file with all other information that needs to be included in that email.

Can you please suggest any documentation that explains how it integrate CTCT API for my scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ryan,

I am looking for the same exact functionality as described by both KumarP57 and Warren76 in this thread.

Is there a solution to this?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you are looking for a way to keep contacts in sync, this is possible with our APIs. We provide methods that can be used to update individual contacts and methods that can be used to upload bulk batches of contacts. You can read more about updating contacts with our API here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-index.html#update_contact

If you'd like to get started working with our API, you can find more information on how to get up and running here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/get-started.html

As a last note, it is important to mention that using the Constant Contact API will require a developer who is able to build the integration to accomplish this task of synchronizing contacts.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer