cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoresponder not sending

Occasional Contributor

Autoresponder not sending

Autoresponder not sending welcome email to new sign-ups.  Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: Autoresponder not sending

Hello,

If you are using our API and would like customers to receive the welcome email, make sure that the OptInSource node in the contact XML is ACTION_BY_CONTACT.  If this is set correctly, the welcome email should go out when the XML is posted to the account.  If it is still not going out, please email me your account username, because it may be something wrong with the actual welcome email.

We also have an autoresponder, which is different from the welcome email.  If you are using the autoresponder, and not the actual welcome email, also email me your username and I will take a look to see if the autoresponder is set up correctly in your account.  If you are using the autoresponder, you also need to make sure you are adding the contact to the autoresponder list that is set in your account.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Benjamin

I'm using the autoresponder for my welcome email (not the Welcome Email).  My user name is mmilas.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks much, Monica

Occasional Contributor

Also, I did not set up the API - my web designer did this work - as I'm not familiar with coding and the technical aspects. Let me know if I need to ask him to do something.

Originally, I had a Welcome Email set up, which did not seem to be working.  I called and talked with someone at CC last week who told me I could not use a Welcome Letter with an API, and she set up the autoresponder for me to substitute.

Just wanted you to have this background in case it's important.

Monica

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello,

I took a look at your account and I see that you are using the autoresponder in one list.   This list appears to have only one contact added since the 5th, and that contact was sent the autoresponder.  Have more people tried to add themselves to the list and could not?  If that is the case then it is more than likely a problem with the sign up form you are using.  What is the website address to the signup form?

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Contributor

The autoresponder was created on July 1 by a customer care person at Constant Contact.

I've had 42 people sign up through my sign-up box since July 1.

I did some "Exports" from each list, and discovered that all these contacts were added to my "Out of Town" list.  This is not correct.  They should have been added to my "Main" list.

If I go in and change all these names from my "Out of Town" to my "Main" list, will they automatically get the autoresponser email to welcome them to my mailing list?

Can you fix it so that signer-uppers are added to my "Main" list?

Thanks,  Monica

CTCT Employee

Hello,

I took a look at your site and it definitely looks like you are using a custom API that was not developed through us to add contacts through our site.  Did you develop this sign up form, or do you have a developer?  I can help you get this fixed, but the code to change it is on your web server, so I would either need you are the developer to make the fix.

As for the contacts who have already signed up; due to the way our autoresponder works, you have to put the contacts in the removed list, by removing them from the Out of Town list, and then add them to the main list.  Then they will get the autoresponder email.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Benjamin

Yes, the custom API was set up by my web designer:

Russ Portigal

Rio Saxon Design Inc.

riosaxondesign@accesscomm.ca

(306) 565-3452

I've emailed Russ your latest response and asked him to work with you to change the coding so the autoresponder will work.  If you need any more information from me, please let me know.

Please let me know when you and Russ have resolved this issue.

Thanks,  Monica