cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad List ID

Highlighted
Advisor

Bad List ID

Once again I've a List ID that was created in Contact Contact that returns "Does not exist" when I try to reference it.  This is a reoccurring problem with different list ID's and seems to occur randomly with this client.  The latest culprit is list ID 1537880485.  This list ID is being returned in the XML from Constant Contact when I perform a GET on the customer's email address.  When I attempt to add a new list item and issue PUT with the contact's xml it errors out with an Error 400 blah/blah/lists/1537880485 does not exist.  

This list ID is not in the customer's list of lists which explains the error but why does it stay as a valid list that is associated with the customer?  Is there no such thing as referential integrity in your database?

Please let me know where I can discretely send you the Account name.

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Advisor

Re: Bad List ID

Two weeks later and still waiting for a response...

Thank you,

Chris Campbell

Cascade Data Solutions - Partner

ccampbell@cascadeds.com

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad List ID

Hello Chris,

First off, I want to apologize for the delay on getting you a response on this issue! Given what you've described is happening, it sounds like this specific contact has a minor data corruption. This is something that we can correct, but we will need some specific details. If you can send us an email at webservices@constantcontact.com with the following info, we will be able to correct this and hopefully look into what caused it:

• Affected Constant Contact account name
  • Contact email address(es)

Once again, I do want to apologize for the delay and we should be able to resolve this for you soon!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer