The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Basic API call fails to update 'EmailType'

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Basic API call fails to update 'EmailType'

It was determined that an exisiting application wasn't updating the EmailType any longer. I spent a few hours debugging on my dev site to no avail. Then I had the idea to use the sample PHP scripts and indeed, I am able to replicate my issue.

It seems that if I submit a change to the EmailType (from HTML to TEXT) I will have to submit the exact same change sometimes up to 4-5 times before it actualy takes in the database.

Everything looks right, the XML that is created and sent in the call is perfect.

Is this a known issue? Were there any recent changes to your system that would cause this?

Please let me know what I might look at to resolve this issue.

--
"I'd love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."

Bob Brock
Owner / Lead Developer, River Media
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Basic API call fails to update 'EmailType'

Thanks for bringing this up - looks like this is an issue with our API framework. We're sending this information over to the devs for investigation.

Unfortunately, since it's an issue on our end, the only workaround is to continue doing what you're doing, and resubmit the EmailType until it returns correctly. Sorry for the trouble this has caused for you so far, we'll get working on it, and hopefully get it resolved soon.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Solution Provider

any updates on this issue?

--
"I'd love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."

Bob Brock
Owner / Lead Developer, River Media
Highlighted

We did identify the issue, however our engineering staff has not released a fix for this problem yet.  I will send this feedback to them that it is still impacting our developers.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured