cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site.
We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Best Method for Getting all Newly Created Contacts

Best Method for Getting all Newly Created Contacts

What is the best way to retrieve all the newly created contacts? I don't want to get all of contacts modified since X date and time. I want to get all of the contacts created since X date and time. Because the majority of the contacts get modified weekly because their lists change, I don't want to loop through tens of thousands of contacts to simply sift out the new ones. What's the better way?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Best Method for Getting all Newly Created Contacts

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support.

I'm sorry, at this time we don't have a method of searching for contacts by their created date. You can only search for contacts using the following criteria:
- Contact status
- Email address
- updated_after
- list membership

Unfortunately in order to see newly created contacts you would still need to parse through contacts to find new ones, however you can avoid having to get all contacts by using updated_after of your specific timeframe which will limit the contacts you need to loop through.

I will bring this to our development team's attention as a possible feature enhancement on your behalf.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer