cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Bar When Forwarding Email

Occasional Organizer

Black Bar When Forwarding Email

Hello!

The newsletter layout I've created looks fine when sent, but forwarding the email adds a black line between the header image and the content columns. How can I stop this from happening?

The background color is set to white. There are no content blocks in between the header and content. Ideas?

error.png

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Black Bar When Forwarding Email

Hi Travis,

Is this change happening when you use the Forward to a Friend link at the bottom of your email or simply forwarding the email through your mail client? If the latter is happening, then what you are seeing is likely a result of your email client rewriting the HTML code into a format compatible with its own editor. Unfortunately, this rewrite of the code can often alter layouts and cause undesirable changes.

As a potential work-around, you may be able to find the section in your email which has the black background color that is showing through when the layout is altered and change that to a while color. This would not prevent the space from being added when forwarding, but it would cause it to be a white space rather than a black space.

And lastly, if it is an issue when using the Forward to a Friend link on your email, then I would definitely suggest giving our Support team a call at (866)-289-2101 and they should be able to assist you further!

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer