The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Bounce Codes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Bounce Codes

Hello Constant Contact Support,

Please confirm that the following list of bounce codes is complete:

B - non-existent address
D – undeliverable
F - mailbox full
V - vacation or autoreply
Z – Blocked
X - Other

Also, please confirm that the codes B, D and Z are hard bounce codes.  

What does the code X stand for? Is it correct to mark the members as hard bounced if their bounce code is X?

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Bounce Codes

Hello,

I can verify that B, D, and Z are hard bounce codes. In the case of the X type, that will contain any bounce message that could not be parsed by Constant Contact. Usually I do see these tending to be hard bounces, but I would only treat them as a hard bounce if it is a recurring bounce for that contact.

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Bounce Codes

Hello,

I can verify that B, D, and Z are hard bounce codes. In the case of the X type, that will contain any bounce message that could not be parsed by Constant Contact. Usually I do see these tending to be hard bounces, but I would only treat them as a hard bounce if it is a recurring bounce for that contact.

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured