Building A Website For A Client Who Uses Constant Contact

Occasional Participant

Building A Website For A Client Who Uses Constant Contact

I am working on a website for a client who uses Constant Contact across their various social media sites.  He wants me to link the services to the website that I am building for him.  The issue is that originally it seemed as though he only wanted a simple static site, however now after learning he'd like to integrate Constant Contact I'm in a bit of a bind.  As of right now I'm building the site using only front-end technologies.  I had planned on having it hosted on GitHub Pages for several reasons.  

He doesn't want anything extra-ordinarily coplicated, just simply to market with the website along with the social media sites that he's already been using.  Am I going to be able to do this using Javascript/HTML or am I going to need to build a bit of back-end functionality?  

Yes, I know I am a bit of a newbie to this.  

3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Participant

I apologzie, I think all he wants is a form that pops up prompting to sign up for the mailing list that Constant Contact maintains.  

Hello,

Based on what you're looking to accomplish, I believe that our Embeddable Sign-up form feature is the best option. It allows you to easily add contacts and avoids the need to create a specialized back-end implementation. You can read about how to get the code for the embeddable form here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18265-Create-a-Sign-Up-Form-with-th...

In terms of getting the popup, you would need some sort of a lightbox-style popover to act as a container. Depending on the platform you're using to build the website, there may be an extension/plugin available to simplify that implementation.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

Hey Elijah, thanks for your reply.  That does appear to be what I was looking for.  As for the lightbox popover, I am building the site from scratch in a text editor.  It should be pretty easy to implement with standard HTML/CSS/Javascript.  I'm pretty new to working with 3rd party API's so I wasn't really even sure what to ask for, but it looks like I'm getting somewhere, thanks!

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page