The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Bulk Update contacts list--api v2

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Bulk Update contacts list--api v2

Hi:

I am looking at the bulk add/update contacts, I wonder if I want to update contacts in bulk, can I update the Lists that the contacts are subscribed?.  it seems like I can not include "LISTS" in the column name.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bulk Update contacts list--api v2

There is a lists object that tells the bulk import which list(s) to add these contacts to.  We do not have a way to do a mass update to contacts where each contact can be put on a different set of lists, if that's what you're looking for.  You can see how to set the lists here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/bulk_activities_api/bulk-activities-add-contacts.html

Currently, we recommend doing a different import for each list and just import the Contacts you want added to said list.  Alternatively, if you are updating a specific Contact to change just their list memberships, you should check out our Contact API for individual Contact updates.  You can find that documentation here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html?method=PUT

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Established Member

We are looking to do a bulk update not to add contacts to one or more lists, but to REMOVE a number of contacts from one or more lists. Is there a way to do this? We have a list of contacts which had quite a few bounces that Consant Contact lists as Recommended for removal. It would take a lot of time to go into each contact record one at a time and click on the Remove Emails button. Can we select multiple contact records in Constant Contact and remove all of them from a given list? Or even from multiple lists? And on a related note, is there a way to mark these Consant Contact records so that when Consant Contact and DonorPerfect Online sync, these email addresses do not get added once again to Consant Contact?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I wanted to include a link to my reply to this question, as it was also posted in another thread. You can find the answer here:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-remove-bo...

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured