The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CC Sign Up Form Generator - Custom Thank You

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

CC Sign Up Form Generator - Custom Thank You

I'm attempting to use the CC Sign Up Form Generator. I can add the form to my site, no problem. However, if I try to add a custom Thank You and Fail page, I get the following errors:

"You don't have permission to access /CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/form.php on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I tried setting permissions to 777 temporarily on the setup folder, but that gave me a bigger error. Is this a server problem?

Can I manually add a redirect input? Or am I stuck with the default redirect pages?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee

Re: CC Sign Up Form Generator - Custom Thank You

Setting a success/failure URL should only be modifying CCSFG_0.0.6/config.php rather than CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/form.php, but I'll need to go through and see if that file is written to elsewhere. This still sounds like a permissions issue however, and I would try setting the entire CCSFG_0.0.6 folder to have read/write/execute permissions as opposed to just the /setup/ folder and see if that alleviates any issues.

Do you have this form hosted anywhere that I might be able to take a look and hopefully provide some more information? If you don't feel comfortable posting that here, you can send an email to our webservices support team and I can get the address that way. If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Setting permissions to 777 on

Setting permissions to 777 on the entire folder only gave me an Internal Server Error.

I didn't find a config.php file within the CCSFG folder. However I did find the following within form.php:

<label for="success_url">Success URL</label>

<input class="text" type="text" name="success_url" value="<?php echo $success_url; ?>" />

The same goes for the Failure URL.

Can I manually edit the URL somehow? Which php file is $success_url located? It should be set up in a config file, but it doesn't seem to exist in my folder.

Otherwise, I will email the support team directly and provide the hosted form.

Thanks

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Setting permissions to 777 on

I am still unable to replicate this error, however I do believe this workaround will help you achieve the goals you're looking for.

If you generate a form without using success and failure URL's, and then add the following HTML above the HTML for your submit button, this should force your page to redirect to the appropriate URL's on success or failure. You can certainly change the URL's used, below is just an example. 

<!-- ########## Success / Failure Redirects ########## -->

<input type="hidden" name="SuccessURL" value="http://www.success.com" />

<input type="hidden" name="FailureURL" value="http://www.failure.com" />

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this, thanks.

David J

Highlighted

Hi there, this is unrelated but related to the thank you and failure. Here is my scenario:

I filled out my form at www.lastdoor.org and subscribed with deanna@longevitygraphics.com, I got directed to my thank you page. I looked in constant contact and I was in the contact list.

I then deleted my e-mail from the list.

I went back to the site and tried to subscribe again with the same e-mail, I got sent to the failed page. Can you think of a reason why this might be happening? Is there any way to prevent it from happening in the future?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello,

When you're working with the CCSFG, it by default only allows you to work with new contacts and will not allow you to use email addresses that are currently, or have been previously in use on your account. If you were to test with an email address that has not been used in your account before, you should see the success page. The best solution for that is to use our new embeddable sign-up forms which you can read more about here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18265-Create-a-Sign-Up-Form-with-th...

I do want to specifically note that the new embeddable forms specifically do not have working support for success/failure redirects, but it is on our roadmap for the near future to implement a success redirect.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Those worked, thanks!

Those worked, thanks!

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured