The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CC adding a contact API in javascript

Highlighted

CC adding a contact API in javascript

I am trying to plug in the CC add single contact API to my site which is built on a content management system called Plone.

Is there a python or javascript API available to do this? Feedback appreciated
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Developer

re: CC adding a contact API in javascript

Hello,

While we do not publish any language specific APIs, you can leverage the APIs from any language that can invoke http.

If you are looking for sample code, you can consider taking a look at the source code for the Constant Contact Contact Capture Widget, which is available from here .

Tom M
Group Product Manager – Content Editing
Constant Contact
Highlighted

Re : CC adding a contact API in javascript

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Re : CC adding a contact API in javascript

I am using wordpress and apparently the plug in I'm using for my forms (contact form 7) requires javascript for post form processing.

I would like the contact to receive a welcome letter so the contact widget will not work for me.  Is there another example I can use?

If anyone has any experience with wordpress and contact form 7 in particular that would be great. 

This is the closet thing I could find about the respect form that might allow this to work?

http://contactform7.com/blog/2009/11/24/tracking-form-submissions-with-google-analytics/

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

I am not familiar with that particular area of Contact Form 7 however I do remember having issues with that plugin in the past.  There is a plugin made by katz which will do everything you want with a simple plugin installation. 

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

thanks for the response.  Can you be more specific as to which plug in might work?  There are a bunch.  Is it the "modules" plug in?  It speaks of hidden fields...but not sure how that would work? 

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7-modules/

How would you send those hidden fields in so that they are added to a constant contact list?  An example would be great?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I see that they have a integration with gravity forms and constant contact, but I didn't see one for contact form 7.  Seems liek that is what i need.

Highlighted
Employee

Hey Parker,

I went into a web-site that I have worked on in the past in regards to contact-form 7 and I am not seeing a familiar way of integrating this into constant contact.  It would require a bit of modifying or a new plugin would be just as easy to create.  You would be better suited to use the constant contact plugin for wordpress.  It is made by Katz and even lets you have a form designer which will give you full control just like contact-form-7.  

You can find more information about the plugin here.

Please let me know if this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

thanks for digging into that.  I'm somewhat dis appointed in the options.  I used contact form 7 as it has 4 million downloads and is the most popular form plugin for wordpress....and I use constant contact because you are the market leader for email marketing. 

I have a lot of development around contact form 7 as the results are automatically parsed into my CRM system...so switching plugin's from a website side and CRM side would be challenging and have some costs to it.

The most likely scenario would be to switch to gravity forms and use the plug in as there is a connection between the gravity forms and constant contact/

the forms designer doesn't work for me because I need a date picker and that is a plugin for contact form 7.  I don't believe the forms designer offers this as an option.  I couldn't find it. 

contact form 7 does accept javascript code and "should" work.  I just don't have the expertise to generate this code and there is no example in your documentation. 

Is this an option for getting the form to work?  Using this logic to get it to submit to constant contact?

http://contactform7.com/blog/2009/11/24/tracking-form-submissions-with-google-analytics/

Thanks for the input, I just was hoping for some better options.  Gravity forms seems to be the best at this juncture, but requires a lot of rework on my end.  I would like not to abandon contact form 7... and will await your reply

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured