cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

CC opt-in form button does not work with Facebook app page

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

CC opt-in form button does not work with Facebook app page

Even though I'm using an HTML box for the button code for my Constant Contact list opt-in form, when it is clicked on the tab page of Facebook, it doesn't work and I get an error message about a broken link.  Why?  The same button code works on my website in Wordpress.

Here's the tab page in question:  https://www.facebook.com/aidafghanistanforeducation/app_262599323761846

My direct email is {redacted}.  Please use that rather than the organization email.  I work for the organization that has the CC account.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CC opt-in form button does not work with Facebook app page

The problem is that the code you added for the link destiation is HTML encoded.  Basically, instead of & for the query parameter link chain you have &, this is causing the second value to not be treated correctly and thus it breaks the redirect you put in.  By changing the & to an & in the link destiation, this will fix your problem and the redirect will work correctly. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Organizer

Thank you Dave.  I've edited it now repeatedly taking out the amp; but each time I save it, it reverts back.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for emailing me at RLEschler@gmail.com

Sounds like this is a Facebook limitation and going to be hard to get around.  The best option is likely to use the link directly to your signup form instead of redirecting through your website.  I'll email you think link to your direct signup form. 

Dave Berard

Also, while not the same as what you're looking to do, you can use this Facebook App to create a signup option on any Facebook Page (not possible with personal profiles, only Pages): https://apps.facebook.com/ctctjmml/

Dave Berard