cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCFSG - generated form does not work

Visitor

CCFSG - generated form does not work

I have installed CCFSG, stepped through the setup process, and placed generated form in site root.

Submitting form does not add user, and user is redirected to site home page, not the error or success page.

So it looks like no code is running at all. Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: CCFSG - generated form does not work

Hey,

It sounds like something went wrong with the method attribute on the from element.  If you take a look at the method post and where it posts to.  Does it link to the file if your code relative to your path of your root.  You may have to add your full absolute path to that link so it knows where to send the information.

Please let me know if that helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Visitor

Ryan: Thanks for the reply.

Issue is resolved.

Oddly, the form is working with action="/CCSFG_0.0.6/signup/"

It was not working with action="/CCSFG_0.0.6/signup/index.php"

which is weird since both are going to the same place. Must be an issue with my iis setup.

Is there a way to modify the form errors through AJAX? I have this working on a modal window and theres no way for the user to go back to the form since the errors takes them away. Thanks!

Please see response here: http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/Constant-Contact-Signup-Form...

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Visitor

I am having the EXACT same issue with no success:

"I have installed CCFSG, stepped through the setup process, and placed generated form in site root.

Submitting form does not add user, and user is redirected to site home page, not the error or success page.

So it looks like no code is running at all. Thanks for any help!"

I changed the path as mentioned in the response, to no avail. It keeps re-directing to my site homepage- not the error or success page

Honored Contributor

Hello,

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like the form is not able to properly redirect to the CCSFG POST page. With the CCSFG you get the form generator tool and you also get a script that is located at CCSFG_URL_PATH/signup/index.php. Based on what you are seeing, I suspect first that the action URL on your form may be incorrect. If the action URL is correct, then there is likely something else happening that needs to be looked into.

One step that would help greatly is to have a URL where the form can be seen and it is possible to observe its behavior. If you would prefer to share this privately, you can optionally email us at webservices@constantcontact.com.

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer