CCSFG 0.0.5 Not working

Occasional Participant

CCSFG 0.0.5 Not working

I recently downloaded and added CCSFG 0.0.5 to the root directory of a site I'm working on and it's not working for me.  My goal is to set up a sign up form that will send e-mails directly to a list in CC. The site is www.euphoriaoliveoil.com and I the test page I made is euphoriaoliveoil.com/site/euphoria-olive-oil-giveaway/ . I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. Do I need to drop the CCSFG folder into the themes folder in my Worpress instead?

If I left out any needed information, just let me know. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt

10 REPLIES 10
Employee

Hello Matt,

I will be glad to help you get CCSFG working in your WordPress account. However, I am going to need to have some additional information so that we can troubleshoot this.

When you say it is not working, what exactly is happening? Are you getting an error message? At what point do you get the error message? Does it work fine until someone tries to sign up, and then gives that error?

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Not really an error per se, but if you try to submit an e-mail it just takes me to this default page: (and currently it's just set up to go to the home page on a successful entry)

We're Sorry!

It appears that you were not added to our mailing list. This may be due to one or more of the following reasons:

1.     You have misspelled your email address

2.     You did not choose a list to subscribe to

3.     The system may be busy. Please try again later

Any idea what I have wrong?

Employee

Hello,

I tried recreating the error on my end and I am not able to replicate the issue you are having. Is it possible if you could zip the files that you have in the CCSFG directory and send them to the Webservices Support team?

I will be able to take a look and see what the problem is.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Sure thing. I will grab them off the site and send them over. Thanks.

Occasional Participant

Cannot open ../ccsfg.log

I'm only getting the above error message in my browser when I try to access the setup directory, please help.

Employee

Hello,

When this usually happens it means you do not have the correct permissions on the folder that the log file is in. You need to have read/write permissions on the folder that CCSFG is located in to be able to use it.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Thanks Ben,

First I changed the permissions on the folder that the log file is in, that did not work so I changed the permissions on every folder and I'm still getting the same error code.

-Rebecca

Employee

I would recommend deleting your ccsfg.log file and visiting ./CCSFG_0.0.5/setup/ again. When you are hitting the index.php file of the setup folder, the application is going to attempt to create a ccsfg.log with write permissions if one does not exist . What you are seeing is the error message being returned from /setup/functions.php line 183

$file = fopen($filename, $method) or die("Cannot open $filename");

This is letting you know it is unable to open that file. Unfortunately, The only reason I can see this failing is for permissions. I would double check to make sure that you have full control set on the the 'CCSFG_0.0.5' and 'setup' folders, removing ccsfg.log, and revisiting ./CCSFG_0.0.5/setup/. As long as everything in the CCSFG_0.0.5 folder has full control permissions, your application should be able to create the needed ccsfg.log file.

David J

I'm having the same problem. Can you please clarify the required permissions? Does the' owner' need read/write, or does the 'group' and/or 'public' need read/write permissions?

Even better would be the manual setting -- mine is currently 0705 and it's not working.

Hey Katherine,

The required permissions are the default permissions of a PHP file and directory via FTP. 

644 for the Files

755 for the folders

If you are able to create the form the issue is typically that that URL that the form posts to is wrong. 

Let me know if that helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page