The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CCSFG_0.0.6 Parse Error on Setup

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CCSFG_0.0.6 Parse Error on Setup

I am getting the following error messsage upon attempting to access Setup online:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/ablewebs/public_html/clients/alex/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/header.php on line 1.

I downloaded the ZIP file, unzipped it and uploaded the CCSFG_0.0.6 folder to my server. I did not make any changes to the files. I uploaded in binary to be on the safe side using CuteFTP. I can't upload to my root directory, as that is where my main site is and I'm testing CCSFG for a client, so it's in a subdirectory, but the CCSFG documention says that's okay. http://www.ablewebs.com/clients/alex/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/

Is there any other information you require?

Many thanks for your help.

~ Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: CCSFG_0.0.6 Parse Error on Setup

Hey,

The error that you are getting typically only occurs when uploading in ASCII.  I would suggest trying to use filezilla or cyberduck to upload to a new directory to see if you get those same errors. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

The error that you are getting typically only occurs when uploading in ASCII.  I would suggest trying to use filezilla or cyberduck to upload to a new directory to see if you get those same errors. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Ryan, using FileZilla in Binary worked. I did upload the first time in Binary, too, but using CuteFTP. I've never had a problem with CuteFTP before. Strange. But it's working, so I'm very happy!

Highlighted

Hello, i have a simillar problem with CCSFG_0.0.6, i upload it into my core directory, then when i go to mysite.com/CCSFG_0.0.6_0/setup nothing happens, blank screen.

no error, nothing, i upload it with core ftp.

Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

Can you verify that PHP and cURL are installed?  Also I would suggest uploading to a new directory using binary mode in FileZilla or Cyberduck as they have proven to always work. 

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

same problem here..

http://www.globe-car.ca/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/

get this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/80/7025780/html/CCSFG_0.0.6/cc_class.php on line 24

Please help!!!

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Found Resolution : Re: CCSFG_0.0.6 Parse Error on Setup

Found a resolution..

If set up is giving you below error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/80/7025780/html/CCSFG_0.0.6/cc_class.php on line 24

Step 1. Upload your file in binary mode (Filezilla is the best). In filezilla option is Transfter Menu > Transfer Type > Select Binary (If it's not already selected)

Step 2: Upload your file in root directory if possible otherwise other directory structure will work also.

Step 3: Go to your hosting panel > Settings > File extentions Management >  Select "Php" extention > click on edit icon > and change it to Runs under as PHP 5.2.x FastCGI and save it.

Step 4: Refresh the page on IE or Firefox and it will work.

Ujjaval

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured