The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CCSFG form – change check boxes to drop down menu

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CCSFG form – change check boxes to drop down menu

Is it possible to change the "mailing lists" options from check boxes to a drop down menu?

I have edited the code generated by the CCSFG to show the lists in a drop down menu, however upon doing so, the contact info filled out in the form populates to all the lists in the drop down menu–instead of just the single list that was selected.

Did test the check box option, that worked fine, but would really like a drop down menu...as we have quite a few lists to choose from.

Any ideas?

--------------------

Here is the section of the code for the "Contact Lists":

<!-- ########## Contact Lists ########## -->
<h5>Your Interests</h5>
<p>Please select the areas of interest for which you would like to receive occasional email from us.</p>

<select>
<option>Please Select Customer Type</option>
<option  value="Architect/Designer" name="Lists[]" id="list_Architect/Designer" />Architect/Designer</option>
<option  value="AV/Media/Broadcast" name="Lists[]" id="list_AV/Media/Broadcast" />AV/Media/Broadcast</option>
<option  value="Command/Control" name="Lists[]" id="list_Command/Control" />Command/Control</option>
</select>

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: CCSFG form – change check boxes to drop down menu

Hi Marian,

We're no longer providing active support on the CCSFG, since it uses our V1 API, which is being deprecated (but still works, for the time being).  We also usually leave the visuals to our customers, but if you do want to use the CCSFG and customize it to be a dropdown, this W3Schools page may be of help.

You probably want to leave the above code alone, and find & change the input type from "checkbox" to "select".  E.g. you would go from something like below:

<form>
<input type="checkbox" name="vehicle" value="Bike">I have a bike<br>
<input type="checkbox" name="vehicle" value="Car">I have a car 
</form>

To something like:

<form>
<input type="select" name="vehicle" value="Bike">I have a bike<br>
<input type="select" name="vehicle" value="Car">I have a car 
</form>

Best Regards,

Shannon W.

Partner API Support Engineer

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So there will be a time when a form generated by the CCSFG will no longer work?

If so, when?

Highlighted

At this time we have not announced when we will end access to our v1 API.  We do recommend developers use our newer v2 API as it obviously will have a longer lifecycle at this point than our v1 API.  When we do have a date for when access will be ended for the v1 API, will will notify our developer base well in advance and give a generous time period for integrations to be updated during.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured