The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CCSFG not working for me

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

CCSFG not working for me

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've installed the CCSFG_0.0.3 to the root level of site, went through the setup, copied the generated code to my site. I then formatted the form to match my site, added a javascript validator then uploaded the page to test and...it worked. Then mysteriously, it stopped working. Every time I try to add a contact either from the setup utility or from my site, I get my fail URL and nothing gets put into the database.

I've reinstalled CCSFG, stripped out all of my code, changed lists and toggled the interests lists display and still NOTHING.

Can anyone help me out?

Here's my form code:

<form onsubmit='return formValidator()' id="ezsignup" name="ezsignup" method="post" action="http://www.acousticdesignlv.com/CCSFG_0.0.3/signup/index.php">

<!-- ########## First Name ########## -->

<label for="FirstName">First Name:</label>

<input type="text" name="FirstName" value="" id="FirstName" /><br />

<!-- ########## Last Name ########## -->

<label for="LastName">Last Name:</label>

<input type="text" name="LastName" value="" id="LastName" /><br />

<!-- ########## Email Address ########## -->

<label for="EmailAddress">Email Address:</label>

<input type="text" name="EmailAddress" value="" id="EmailAddress" /><br />

<div align="right">

<!-- ########## Contact Lists ########## -->

<input type="hidden"  checked="checked"  value="Newsletter" name="Lists[]" id="list_Newsletter" />

<!-- ########## Success / Failure Redirects ########## -->

<input type="hidden" name="SuccessURL" value="/signupthanks.php" />

<input type="hidden" name="FailureURL" value="/signupfail.php" />

<input class="submitBTN" type="submit" name="signup" id="signup" value="Sign Up" />

</div>

</form>

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Employee

Re: CCSFG not working

Hello,

I took your form code and tried running it, and it did post my test email address into your account, and then redirected me to your homepage with a success message.

Did you do something from the time you posted this message that fixed the problem?

If you have any further issues please let us know by posting on the forum!

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Still not working

Hmmmm... well Ben, I can't replicate your success and I did not change anything since I originally posted.

This time, based off what you did, I created an entirely new page with ONLY the form code that I copy and pasted from the Generator; no css, no php, no javascript coding in the file at all and I still got nothing. The preview on the CCSFGenerator should work but it doesn't there either.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Sign up form

Hi,

Are you trying to add a contact that is already on your list? The Constant Contact Signup Form Generator will throw an error if the contact is also already in the account.

Our API's do have the ability to update contacts, using a PUT in the Contact Collection API. However, the Signup Form Generator is not built with that functionality.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hey Ben, Nope, only new

Hey Ben,

Nope, only new contacts. Here is a link to the actual sign up page.

http://www.acousticdesignlv.com/signup.php

Maybe that will help.

Thanks!

- James

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Hey Ben,Nope, only new

Did you ever resolve this? I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Hey Ben,Nope, only new

Hello Cory,

If you are having trouble with getting the CCSFG to connect with your account properly, we will be happy to help if you can provide an explanation of the error and a link to where we can test the form to see what is happening. If you would prefer not to share that information in a public forum, you can also send us an email at webservices@constantcontact.com.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Sign up form

Hi,

I just tried to use the form on your site and it did work on my end. I went to your link and added a contact called "thisisatest@test.com". I checked in your account, and it did add the contact to your "Newsletters" list.

If you are still having this issue, it may be better to speak over the phone. If you could email us your contact information, please send it to the webservices support team.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured