The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Can a subscriber sign up for two different mailing lists on two different forms?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can a subscriber sign up for two different mailing lists on two different forms?

Hello,

I recently made different subscription forms that are linked to different mailing lists. Now the problem is that people who are subscribed to the main mailing list already cannot sign up to another mailing list automatically by signing up on the new forms.

I am already signed up to the main mailing list but I want to sign up for another one and I fill out the subscrption form for it. But when I sign up, it tells me that I am already a subscriber without putting me on that specific mailing list I requested. Is there any way around this to make it so that I can sign up anyway?

I am using the constant contact sign up form generator.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Can a subscriber sign up for two different mailing lists on two different forms?

Hi,

This is in regards to your recent inquiry about the Constant Contact Signup Form Generator. Our Signup Form Generator will allow you to create multiple forms with different lists available on each form for different websites. As long as the email address is not already in your account when the person joins it will allow them to sign up.

Unfortunately the version of the Signup Form Generator you’re using does not allow a contact to update their information. It was recently updated to only allow a contact add a new email address.  The reason this was changed in the new version of the Form Generator was because of a security risk.

If someone knows a members email address they would be able to go to the form and update another members information.  This is the reason why the new Form Generator only allows for new members. You can see how this can be a security risk. With that being said we do have another version which allows a member to update their information. 

If you’re interested in this version I’d be glad to send it to you. Please send an email to webservices@constantcontact.com requesting it.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this.

Joseph D
Support Engineer, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Can a subscriber sign up for two different mailing lists on two different forms?

Hi,

This is in regards to your recent inquiry about the Constant Contact Signup Form Generator. Our Signup Form Generator will allow you to create multiple forms with different lists available on each form for different websites. As long as the email address is not already in your account when the person joins it will allow them to sign up.

Unfortunately the version of the Signup Form Generator you’re using does not allow a contact to update their information. It was recently updated to only allow a contact add a new email address.  The reason this was changed in the new version of the Form Generator was because of a security risk.

If someone knows a members email address they would be able to go to the form and update another members information.  This is the reason why the new Form Generator only allows for new members. You can see how this can be a security risk. With that being said we do have another version which allows a member to update their information. 

If you’re interested in this version I’d be glad to send it to you. Please send an email to webservices@constantcontact.com requesting it.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this.

Joseph D
Support Engineer, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured