The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Can't get modified_since param in /lists/listId/contacts to work

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can't get modified_since param in /lists/listId/contacts to work

Hello,

I'm trying to check if any contacts within a certain contact list were changed. I'm using /lists/listId/contacts v2 API method, providing listId and modified_since parameters. The modified_since parameter doesn't seem to be working, whether I provide it or not the call returns a full list of recipients, ignoring the modified_since option. For example I provide 2014-08-28T13:21:32.000Z as modified_since and the very first record returned has a "modified_date": "2014-08-27T13:21:32.000Z" property.

The requested URL was https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/lists/xxxxxx/contacts?limit=10&modified_since=2014-08-28T13%3A21%...

I thought I'm setting the date wrong, but regular /contacts call, with the same modified_since date set, returns a correct set of a few changed contacts.

It was returning an empty set, before I changed some of the contact list records just to be sure, after that it returns the whole list. Just a guess but maybe it takes list last update instead of contact?

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured