cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Can't get modified_since param in /lists/listId/contacts to work

Occasional Contributor

Can't get modified_since param in /lists/listId/contacts to work

Hello,

I'm trying to check if any contacts within a certain contact list were changed. I'm using /lists/listId/contacts v2 API method, providing listId and modified_since parameters. The modified_since parameter doesn't seem to be working, whether I provide it or not the call returns a full list of recipients, ignoring the modified_since option. For example I provide 2014-08-28T13:21:32.000Z as modified_since and the very first record returned has a "modified_date": "2014-08-27T13:21:32.000Z" property.

The requested URL was https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/lists/xxxxxx/contacts?limit=10&modified_since=2014-08-28T13%3A21%...

I thought I'm setting the date wrong, but regular /contacts call, with the same modified_since date set, returns a correct set of a few changed contacts.

It was returning an empty set, before I changed some of the contact list records just to be sure, after that it returns the whole list. Just a guess but maybe it takes list last update instead of contact?