cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Can't login to Constant Contact Signup Form Generator

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Can't login to Constant Contact Signup Form Generator

I'm not really sure what the problem is. I try to use the Constant Contact login information, but it just gives me the error:

We could not authenticate those credentials! Please try again. (?)

Is the folder supposed to have special permissions, or located somewhere specific on the server to run right? I don't know why its not authenticating.

Maybe something to do with the update to latest PHP 5.3? I had to manually create the log file to even get the code to run.

Currently on a Plesk 10 server, running latest PHP, the generator folder is in the httpdocs folder

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
CTCT Employee

Re: Can't login to Constant Contact Signup Form Generator

Hi Amy,

This could be caused by a few different things.  Are you logging in with the same username and password that you would use to log into your constant contact account on constantcontact.com. 

Thanks,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Advisor

I had a lot of trouble setting this up the first time on an Ubuntu server running Apache and PHP. If you have the same problem as me, it is all about getting the permissions right.

Pre-creating the log file helps you, because you can set a specific (write) permission on it without exposing everything else in the application. These are the files I had to treat as special cases:

signup/index.php

setup/functions.php

setup/build_functions.php

cc_class.php

config.php

Basically, since I have tight control in the process of creation, I make everything readable and writable to my www-data user and group during setup, then I lock down all the files that aren't included above after setup, and finally make just the files above readable and executable afterwards. Depending on OS, you may have to treat the directories as special cases as well. Specifically, I give these files no permissions after setup is complete:

setup/index.php

setup/code.php

setup/header.php

setup/lists.php

setup/state.php

This was the only way I could get it to work and still maintain some level of security. I had to look at the web server log file a lot as well, to get some feedback why things weren't working as expected.

I hope this helps. And if you see anything I've missed, please let me know.

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
Occasional Participant

Yes, same user/pass as used to log into Constant Contact

Hmm, also tried editing permissions to those files, not working yet.

I saw that it created a config file on the server, I edited that and manually added my user/pass but that didn't help either.

Advisor

Just for testing, can you make sure that all files and directories under the CCSFG folder are have read, write, execute permissions? Each php page references other php files, which may not be readable with the default permissions.

Please post the end of your webserver log file when you next try, just in case it shows anything useful.

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
Occasional Participant

Entire folder set to 777 permissions

Log

2011-07-26T12:00:58-07:00 - ### Credentials Page ###.
2011-07-26T12:00:58-07:00 - Credentials written to config file.
2011-07-26T12:00:58-07:00 - Credentials reset to blank in config file.
2011-07-26T12:00:58-07:00 - ??? Error authenticating credentials using service description for rigginsidaho.

If I add in the username/login to the config.php it will show me as logged in, but going to the next page, Lists it loses it and throws an error.

CTCT Employee

Hey Amy,

When you uploaded the files were you using a PC or a MAC and what file transfer method did you use?

Thank you,
Ryan

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Occasional Participant

Using a PC, Filezilla set to Auto transfer type, which picks which way to upload depending on filetype.

Advisor

I don't know if you fixed this yet. I found that I had a problem when I changed the permissions on the setup directory itself, even though the files were visible. Also, I remember I had to change the ownership of the files. For mine, everything is owned by the www-data owner / www-data group, which is the owner / group that the web server runs as. I had to run

chown --recursive www-data:www-data * 

to get it to work originally. Your web user may be different, so you should check. 

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
CTCT Employee

Hi Amy,

Can you try to upload it to a new directory and delete the config.php file.  It will recreate itself when it gets loaded. 

Thank you,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer