The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Coldfusion Connection Failed

Highlighted
Participant

Coldfusion Connection Failed

I am using the API to send out an email through my web application.  I am querying up a list from our database and checking our constant contact list so that if the email is new add it and if already exist, check to see if they opt out.  Our constant contact contact number is well over 50,000 and I would have to check each one of them.  

I am getting a connection failed during the process.  I don't know if its a timeout issue or something on constant contacts end.  Can you take a look into this for me.

Thanks

Chris

PS i am using bluedragon with coldfusion 8

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Coldfusion Connection Failed

You may be hitting the ColdFusion timeout which would be available in the ColdFusion administration options under ‘Server Settings > Request Tuning”. I am not positive where these options are on BlueDragon but this is where I’ve run into timeout issues when attempting to chain a number of different requests one after the other. For ColdFusion 8/9 the default timeout period is 60 seconds.

David J

Highlighted
Participant

Connection Failed

Thanks for Replying back to me, I changed the timeout time from 2 minutes to 30 minutes and I still get the error.

-Chris 

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Connection Failed

This still seems like your ColdFusion  server cutting you off after a specific wait time rather than Constant Contact, as I am able to replicate the same issue when chaining a approx 100+ requests together. Constant Contact will see this as just a number of smaller requests which is why you likely see the first chunk of these operations being completed before time out.

Depending on your specific error there may be a number of different ways to resolve the issue.

For example, you could try manually setting the requestTimeOut on that page

<cfsetting requestTimeOut = "120">

Or adjusting the threadWaitTimeout setting ni your jrun.xml file.

A page that talks more about this is http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/194/tn_19438.html, and while it is referring to ColdFusion MX/7, much of the information is still valid. Unfortunately I have no idea how these settings would impact BlueDragon as I’ve not tested these myself.  

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured