The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Confused about eMails visible in UI

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Advisor

Confused about eMails visible in UI

Using the API I have created and deleleted a couple of dozen eMails for a given client. I'm still in development mode. When I log in to the bpconsole web site and then in to my clients portal I see one eMail, the one that I have currently active and all the deleted ones are not shown. However, when I click through to the client details from my console I see ALL e-mails ever created. Not only that but I could preview e-mails the client considers deleted. This strikes me as a bug. It does probably explain why when I try and reuse the name of a deleted eMail I get told it already exists even though it is no longer visible to the client.

Comments or clarifications?

Shawn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Confused about eMails visible in UI

No email campaign is ever permanently deleted.  When you delete the Campaign through the API, it is moved to the "Removed" area of the Email Marketing product (Login -> Email Marketing -> Restore).  At any time, the Campaigns can be restored and copied, sent or any other available action depending on the status and age of the Campaign.  This is why you can't use the same internal storage name a second time and also why in the partner console you can see all the campaigns for the customer. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

No email campaign is ever permanently deleted.  When you delete the Campaign through the API, it is moved to the "Removed" area of the Email Marketing product (Login -> Email Marketing -> Restore).  At any time, the Campaigns can be restored and copied, sent or any other available action depending on the status and age of the Campaign.  This is why you can't use the same internal storage name a second time and also why in the partner console you can see all the campaigns for the customer. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advisor

Found it, thanks.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured